Based on the heat resistant medium and after adding special additives and ceramic microspheres, UGAM thermal insulation coatings are manufactured for energy saving due to reducing heat losses from ovens, furnaces or refrigerators. These microspheres are used in manufacturing tiles used for exterior cladding of space shuttle. These coatings reduce energy from 10 to 20 percent in practical. The selection of coating is same as heat resistant coating selection. These coatings are named as UGAM INSULMIX, UGAM H R T I 200, UGAM H R T I 400, UGAM H R T I 600, UGAM H R T I 1200and UGAM H R T I 1800.
- We provide Thermal Insulation & Energy Saving Painting Services like
- UGAM INSULMIX EP - Excellent Product for Energy Saving Up to 160 Deg C
- UGAM H R T I 400 - Excellent Product for Energy Saving Up to 350 Deg C
- UGAM H R T I 600 - Excellent Product for Energy Saving Up to 550 Deg C
- UGAM H R T I 600 EPSI - Excellent Product for Energy Saving Up to 550 Deg C
- UGAM H R T I 1000 - Excellent Product for Energy Saving Up to 1000 Deg C
- UGAM H R T I 1200 SB - Excellent Product for Energy Saving Up to 1150 Deg C
- UGAM H R T I 1200 WB - Excellent Product for Energy Saving Up to 1150 Deg C
- UGAM H R T I 1800 WB - Excellent Product for Energy Saving Up to 1750 Deg C
This is mainly used for rubber moulds, presses, plastic moulds and presses to achieve energy saving through blocking heat losses from moulds. UGAM Thermal Insulation Coatings is the only product which takes the care of radiation. The paint contains Imported Ceramic Microspheres which are used by N A S A for making tiles to cover space shuttles for thermal insulation and which are hollow and having vacuumed inside. UGAM HRTI is mainly suggested for Furnace, Boilers, Freezer vans, and ovens up to 1800 degrees C or any surface needing heat insulation. On a bare furnace exterior surface, its application has shown the minimum reduction of 10% in temperature. (Deg Celsius) checked with infrared thermometer. It is tested by I. I. T. Mumbai. And National Coatings Corporation California, U. S. A. If undisturbed it does not need reapplication for about five years. In some cases where the application is done both interior and exterior, 40% saving is achieved. Hence ideal saving can be achieved just by applying UGAM THERMAL INSULATION COATING paint. In industries where heat is used for process, UGAM Thermal Insulation Coatings are used for energy saving purpose up to 1800 degrees C. It reduces heat transfer from inner shell to exterior and hence reduces fuel consumption thereby increasing energy saving.
THREE VARIANTS OF HEAT LOSS:
Condensate is the liquid formed when steam passes from the vapor to the liquid state. In a heating process, condensate is the result of steam transferring a portion of its heat energy,known as latent heat, to the product, line, or equipment being heated.
Convection is the transfer of internal energy into or out of an object by the physical movement of a surrounding fluid that transfers the internal energy along with its mass. Although the heat is initially transferred between the object and the fluid by conduction, the bulk transfer of energy comes from the motion of the fluid. Convection can arise spontaneously (or naturally or freely)through the creation of convection cells or can be forced by propelling the fluid across the object or by the object through the fluid.
As we all are aware, Heat losses from hot surface to atmosphere are due to Radiation, Conduction and Convection. From this 70% losses are due to Radiation and balance only 30% are due to conduction and convection. But general concept is that if we put conduction resistant insulation to hot surface and bring the surface temperature to near ambient, we feel that we have achieved energy saving. Yes indeed!. We have achieved energy saving but were able to block heat losses of 30% only which are due to conduction and convection. What about Radiation? Have we ever thought about it?
To explain our point in detail, we will take the example of microwave oven. In microwave oven the heating is done with the help of Radiations. If we place any food material in microwave oven in closed container of very thick glass or any conduction control insulation material suitable for microwave, we will find that the food inside is getting hot without changing the temperature of the container. If we are using conventional insulation material which we are using for hot surfaces for energy saving, then it should not allow the radiations to transfer inside the container and should not allow the food to be heated. But still it happens. This clearly means that conventional insulation material with high K value is suitable for only conduction control and not for radiation control. Hence the necessity of Radiation Control Coatings arises to take care of this heat loss. Considering this NASA developed material for radiation control and the tiles made of these materials (Ceramic Microspheres) are used worldwide for space shuttles exterior cladding. These products were released by NASA for general public use for energy saving in 1996. Started importing these spheres and manufacturing coatings of this material to control radiation losses from hot surface. These coating does not allow the radiations to enter in atmosphere and block to the hot surface only. Since there is no equipment available to check the radiation entering in atmosphere from hot surface, we can very well judge the performance of the coating with help of energy meter by comparing energy before and after application of the coating UGAM H R T I and UGAM INSULMIX are all radiation control coatings. Since these coatings are not conduction control coatings, they will reduce surface temperature to some extent but will not reduce considerably or will not bring the surface temperature to ambient
INDUSTRY WHERE WE SAVE ENERGY
TEXTILE, PAPER,RUBBER, AUTOMOBILE, GLASS INDUSTRY, TYRE, CEMENT, PHARMA, SUGAR,FERTILIZERS, REFINERIES, PETROCHEMICALS, CHEMICALS,FOOD, SYNTHETIC FIBRE, ALLOY, OTHER INDUSTRY WHERE RADIATION LOSS IS THERE
PLACES WHERE WE LOSE ENERGY
INSTRUMENTS, STEAM PIPING, PUMPS, TURBINES, VALVES, EXCHANGERS, EXHAUST MANIFOLDS, FLANGES, FILTERS, BOILERS, FURNACE, OVENS, KILN, COLD STORAGE, PLATEN, INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL SHEDS, LAMINATION PRESS MACHINE, DIES, FREEZER, OTHER HEATING EQUIPMENTS / MACHINES WHERE RADIATION LOSS IS THERE
- HERE ARE SOME OF THE KEY BENEFITS OF OUR SPECIALIZED INSULATING COATINGS:
- Unaffected by UV rays (has passed 1300 hours of accelerated aging by exposure to salt fog and UV).
- Non-combustible during application and after installation and cure, extremely low flame spread and smoke contribution ratings.
- Due to the low thermal conduction and other insulating properties, the coating will reduce surface temperatures low enough to allow the application of color top coats while providing safety from burns by incidental contact.
- With the exception of cold wet applications the coating can be applied without operation shut down.
- Superior radiant heat barrier averaging 0.063 W/mK Thermal Conductivity, thus eliminating the majority of heat penetration.
- Low chloride content, i.e., less than 23 ppm and less than 19 ppm halogen.
- This allows the coating to be used over stainless steel and casting steel too.
- Dry fall during application is 5â€™ to 7â€™ .
- Cleans up with soap and water.
- Remains flexible to -30 Deg F (-35 Deg C).
- Contains no solvents .
- Contains no hazardous fiber .
- Removal is not a hazardous waste (it does not absorb chemicals).
- Does not require special equipment and handling.